How do I get rid of the dark spots under my armpits?
Medical treatments for dark underarms
- creams or lotions containing ingredients, like: hydroquinone. tretinoin (retinoic acid) …
- chemical peels with alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta hydroxy acids (BHAs) to exfoliate the skin.
- dermabrasion or microdermabrasion to thoroughly cleanse the skin.
- laser therapy to remove pigment.
Why do my armpits have dark spots?
Darkening armpits can be triggered by hormonal disorders, improper shaving, or Acanthosis nigricans. Professor and Interim Chair of Dermatology, Dr. Adam Friedman explains that deodorant or certain medications can also cause armpit darkening. Read the article to learn about the other causes of armpit discoloration.
Do dark underarms go away?
Sadly, dark underarms will not miraculously fade on their own. The only way you can fix the problem is if you address the root. So if your black armpits stem from excessive sweating, you need a good antiperspirant. If the culprit is excessive shaving or dryness, lessen shaving times and moisturize the area well.
How do dermatologists lighten your armpits?
Below, find five more remedies for dark underarms.
- Check your deodorant.
- Mildly exfoliate. “A mild chemical exfoliant like glycolic acid or lactic acid is helpful,” Dr. …
- Moisturize the area. …
- Shave properly. …
- Laser therapy to remove pigment. …
- Prescription medication.
Which is the best cream for dark underarms?
Best Underarm Whitening Creams For You
- Qraa Advanced Lacto Dark Underarm Whitening Cream. …
- Dot & Key Underarm Colour Correction Serum. …
- Deaux Intense Glowing Underarm. …
- Sanctus Underarm Whitening & Sweat Reduction Cream. …
- Seer Secrets Active Silver Ion Deodorant Cream. …
- Beautilo Advanced Brightening Whitening Cream.
How long does baking soda take to whiten underarms?
Baking Soda And Lemon For The Rescue Scrub it over your underarms for about 5 minutes, wash it off using lukewarm water, and finish up by moisturising your skin. Repeat this method 3 or 4 times a week for effective results.
Does baking soda lighten armpits?
We can use baking soda to get rid of darkness in the underarm area because of its skin lightening property. Baking soda inhibits the production of melanin that is responsible for the skin discoloration. Not to mention, it is a good exfoliating agent as well and absorbs excess oil and sweat and unclogs pores.
How do actresses have whiter underarms?
Make sure you keep it effectively hydrated to prevent dark spots. Rub some moisturising lotion or oil into your skin before you shave, as this will help in lessening irritation. It’s also a good idea to apply coconut oil overnight to ensure that your underarms stay healthy.
Can toothpaste whiten underarms?
Toothpaste has bleaching properties that whiten dark underarms. However, make sure to use only white toothpaste since coloured variants have chemicals that can irritate sensitive underarm skin.
Is it safe to use baking soda and lemon on underarms?
Using baking soda as an exfoliant Advocates of natural remedies suggest using a paste of baking soda and water as a scrub to clean the accumulation of dead skin cells from your underarms. They also recommend mixing baking soda with other ingredients, such as: coconut oil. lemon juice.
Can I use hydrogen peroxide to whiten my armpit?
So the procedure to whiten your armpit hair is fairly simple. You’ll need a bottle of hydrogen peroxide solution and a cotton pad. Pour some 3% hydrogen peroxide on the cotton pad and dab it on the area you want to be lightened.